Excursus : Within the Realm of Enlightenment

8.24.2007

Climbing the Stairs

I have memories of ancient Egypt. It seems that I was at that time a High Priestess of the Goddess Isis. And I remember some things about the culture in general – magic was a large part of everyday life (both protecting from, and giving, misfortune and for health, wealth, etc.). I also have memories of my death in that life. Meeting the boatman who rowed me across the river to the next world.

Apparently I spent a good deal of my lives in the Far East. I have brief memories of several short lives as a pretty wild swordsman (a bit like the old west), and then being an old man and then a “geisha” (a prostitute in the little town that I lived in, where I also remember that I was stabbed to death by one of my clients).

From there I have memories of being a monk in the French Alps. We were very poor at the monastery, but I was quite plump. The head Abbott considered me a troublemaker because I was so interested in spirituality. I remember blessing peasants on the road as I roamed through the countryside. I think that I also had a life in sophisticated Paris as a young woman trying to be an artist (I was pretty bad.) But I don’t have any strong memories of that time.

I also have some general feelings about some lives I had as a Native American before the invasion of the white man. And also a life in ancient Grecian times in some no-name small town where we suffered an “inferiority complex,” being so far out of the way as it were. No clear memories, but just a kind of knowledge that I was there. These types of memories are more like the kinds of memories that one has of ones childhood - you might not be able to picture an actual event but yet you know it happened and what the situation was.

I don’t consider it to be my job to make people believe me or in reincarnation in general. I have memories, so the reality of the situation is evident to me. But if anything, perhaps a few people who would have dismissed it out of hand might not be so ready to ditch the whole idea of reincarnation if some of us speak out occasionally.

No comments: